Hey Guys,
So you sent me a package and I kinda feel badly about opening it before Christmas, but not really because now I can send you all pics of Christmas! By the way Mom, thank you sooo much for the camera---it rocks---I love it and it is totally missionary friendly. I took more pictures last night than I have in the last month. I'm sure that will ebb away a little over time, but no worries---if the people want pictures, I will give them pictures! By the way, Heather, the only thing I took out of the package is the tie you see me wearing in my pics, but I didn't go past the "veil" you placed in the box, so no worries---I'm tempted to have my comp check it out for me though, haha!
This week we are supposed to have our zone conference on the 10th and right around then I should know about transfers, too. I think I'm staying, but I'm not too sure so time will tell! It would be nice to stay here for Christmas, but if not, then I will go where I go. There are many families in the ward who have already invited us to Christmas eve dinner. My comp and I have learned a lot together. We haven't always gotten along, but we worked through our rough patches, just like any companionship. I really think if we had another transfer together, we would yet learn more. We got lots done---2 baptisms in two transfers isn't all that common! We have really enjoyed this last transfer together---the first one was tough, but the hard work in it payed off this transfer!
This Sunday was fast and testimony and so many people got up and thanked God for families. I thought to myself that there are many out there that still take the God given unit of families for granted. The honest truth is that families can be together forever, but this time on earth and the feelings felt here won't last forever, so we need to make the most of it while we are here. I was thinking about this a lot because there was a family in the ward that wouldnt sit with their grandma and this really bothered her. This would be like Heather and her family going to the same church as mom and dad but sitting in a different row. This was depressing and distressing for this lady. I think it is a challenge to not take our extended family for granted, especially when they live in close proximity. So, there is a little insight into the mind of Elder Schroeder during a fast and testimony meeting.
That's it for this week.
Love,
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom





No comments:
Post a Comment