Hello again!
This week was kinda crazy. We were tracting Friday when it started raining... it rained a lot...it flooded the gutters and there was like and inch or so of rain everywhere. There were huge raindrops. My shoes got a little wet but other than that my umbrella saved me!
We ran into soooo many Russians and every one of them is a Baptist! They say...and I quote "anything past bible is no good". The Russians come over in huge families---their culture is very family oriented. Once the father is converted, the rest of the family joins, as well. But they are also very strong willed so it is difficult for them to change their way of thinking. Most lessons with them that I have had end just the way they began by them saying "anything past bible is no good". We got a few new investigators from tracting though so that is good.
For Fathers Day we had an Asian brother from the Stake speak to us; his last name was shoe but i think it was spelled Hsu... he was a pretty good speaker. I thought it was interesting that he noted that we praise mothers on Mothers Day but we counsel fathers on Fathers Day haha... there was praise, too, though. They handed out chocolate to all of the adult men... yes I got one---even though I don't have kids yet, it's definitely in the gameplan! That's the excuse I gave.
We are goin to a zone p-day today. It's a a place called Louisville Park... no clue where that is but it sounds fun and I'm bringing my camera too, so I'll get some pics for ya'll. Well, I have nothing left to write so I'm gunna sign out for this week.
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom
The new pad
11 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment