Hey guys,
This week is transfer week which is sweet. My companion, Elder Doyle is going to Kennewick East. I'm going to get Elder Nelson who has been out for over a year. He's about 5' tall! Tomorrow is the transfer day. I'm way excited---the change should be fun!
I'm sorry to hear about Coach J---he was such a good guy. You don't get many coaches and teachers that are truly sincere about what they do. I enjoyed the classes I had with him and I am glad I could help them with their house---it felt good.
I'm excited to make new friends in the field but I think that none will be quite the friends I find in Brett and my friends from home, but anything can happen and I'm open to it. I just can't imagine a better group of friends than those from Vernal.
I actually gave a talk on preparing for a mission this Sunday. It was really cool---I dunno why but I'm definitely not as nervous as I used to be at giving talks. I broke preparing for a mission into 3 parts---my desire to serve, being spiritually prepared, and being technically prepared. I shared with them that reading the book Twilight was one of my best preperations because it allowed me to carry on a good 5-10 minute conversation with 80% of the women I run into in the field. Then I told all the men in the audience that I had four sisters at home and to please take that into consideration before judging me for reading that book.
Well, thats about it for this week. I can't wait for the fourth of July---it should be fun. Vancouver usually has the biggest fireworks show this side of the Mississippi (seriously) but because of the economy they aren't doing it this year, sadly. But almost any firework is legal here and Vancouver is big so it should still be awesome.
Love you all lots,
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom
The new pad
11 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment