Dear Fans,
This week was good but I was a little depressed on Sunday 'cause before church I called our newest family as a friendly reminder that it was Sunday. They said they'd be there then they were a no show. I absolutely hate to see people come so close and fall into that pattern. I thought about that a lot yesterday and realized why Satan may have thought it a good idea to take away agency... that thought didn't last long though. I realized I could inspire them and encourage them, but only the Spirit can motivate them. So that is what I will strive for with them. I want to be able to tell them or show them that nothing is in it for me...I really only want them to come for them. The thing about the church is you can take away the fact that it's the one true church, disregard it's one of the fastest growing, disregard that you feel good when you're there, disregard all that and look at the families in the church and tell me it's not the greatest most successful foundation for happy families on this earth. People can dispute the book of Mormon and our doctrine, but you can't dispute what shows, and that is the families of the church. This is somewhat along the lines of what I want to say to this family, but they will have to come under their own willpower, so I just hope they can see the big picture.
Well that was a really long paragraph. So my new comp is a day dreamer...this morning I caught him thinking about Jackie Chan "kickin' stuff"; I asked him to explain the thought process that brought him there and that was a scarry path. We have tons of fun though...the other day we made a music video to my "wicked" soundtrack...it was sweet.
Well, that's it for this week; hope you all are having a good time 'cause it is flip dang hott up here.
Love y'all,
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom
The new pad
11 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment