Hey Y'all,
Well this was an odd week. We did a lot of service, which even included us digging a rabbit's grave for a family of 3 that was all girls...just in case you don't know, that is a ton of drama to be in one house with a dead rabbit.
So, something pretty amazing happened this week with our investigator. First, I'll explain his background. He is a big macho looking Mexican guy who just married this lady in our ward and has been coming to church for 3 months. In the eyes of a missionary it almost seemed as though his wife had coerced him into talking with us. As it is, I dunno about that, but one thing I do know is when we were teaching him about repentance and baptism and the lesson was pretty melancholy, I asked him to read Alma 7:14: "Now I say unto you that ye must repent, and be born again; for the Spirit saith if ye are not born again ye cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven; therefore, come and be baptized unto repentance, that ye may be washed from your sins, that ye may have faith on the Lamb of God, who taketh away the sins of the world, who is mighty to save and to cleanse from all unrighteousness." That scripture has never really held any over whelming significance for me, but it does now 'cause mid-verse his voice caught and I looked up and that verse had done something for him. I remember President Belnap strongly pushed using the B.O.M in lessons to invite the Spirit. "It has real power," he said, and now I believe him...he actually recommended that verse. So now that verse means something to me 'cause I saw it take a man who hid all emotion and helped him to feel the Spirit. That verse has proven to me the power of the Book of Mormon.
Well, that's it for me---I gotta go dominate at basketball today!
Love Yas,
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom
The new pad
11 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment