Howdy,
Photo above is of our last zone conference with our new Mission President and his wife. President and Sister Greer are from Gilbert, AZ.
Well, this week pretty much has rocked so far. Our investigator is getting baptized on Saturday and today I went to the Temple.
So this was great...while in the Temple I was sitting there just thinking and wondering and I realized that the Temple was right next to the highway and I couldn't hear any traffic at all. I was sitting there and everyone in the room with me was perfectly silent. I've never done that before...I hate silence...but we all just sat in silence and it was awesome. I felt really close.
So on the fourth of July we went out to see some fireworks with the people we live with and they told us how it was kinda weird that they had young people hang out with them.... Then my companion said how he kinda regretted not spending much time with his family 'cause of "other things." I realized I don't have that regret. I thought back to times like fishing at Sheep Creek Lake when Richard caught that huge brook trout and I'm pretty sure that was the day we killed a squirrel with a pine cone and potato gun. And then I think of all of our Lake Powell trips and stripers...and Pelican Lake and going to Yellowstone with our brand new cell phones and the list goes on. That all ran through my head during that conversation and I just sat there and smiled. I sure hope I'm up to doin all that with my kids when I'm pushing 70! (sorry mom and dad I'm not sure of your exact age... I'm a guy)
The fire works were great and the Temple rocked and I'm sure this Saturday will be fantastic so that is my week in a nutshell.
Love Y'all,
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom





No comments:
Post a Comment