About Me

My photo
I am currently serving a 2-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Washington Kennewick Mission. My current address is: 8656 West Gage Blvd., #205, Kennewick, Washington 99336

Homecoming: 11am, Glines 4th Ward, Hwy 40 Chapel, Vernal, UT on 27 March 2011

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 29, 2010

Hey Guys,
I realized this week that I really miss fishing in Pelican Lake. I miss eating fish and just feeling them hit my fishing pole---there's nothing else quite like that. There are little things like that that I just miss from time to time. Like the other day I missed ramping through the gears in my poor little Ford Escort---and then I missed bending pipe. But all those things only last a split second 'cause then I remember what I'm doing and how great it is. Our newest member's husband is on date to be baptized in a couple weeks and I wouldn't trade that for all the fishing in the world. None the less, I am still trying to hook us up to go fishing with an investigator sometime and then have a fish fry with another.

So that is how this week has been. Our newest member talked to us the other day about how her sin (smoking) is so visible and every one else's is easy to hide. So we read Luke 14 with her where Jesus chews out people who go into the streets to pray just to be recognized by men. The same applies to those who seek to cover things up for the recognition of men. Christ says they have their reward so let them have it and you will get your reward.

Well, that's really it for this week. We met our new Mission President yesterday and he seems really cool, so I look forward to the next nine months.

Love Yas,
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment