About Me

My photo
I am currently serving a 2-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Washington Kennewick Mission. My current address is: 8656 West Gage Blvd., #205, Kennewick, Washington 99336

Homecoming: 11am, Glines 4th Ward, Hwy 40 Chapel, Vernal, UT on 27 March 2011

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May 4, 2010


Hey Guys,
Well, today we are going to Palouse Falls State Park an hour away by some town called Pendleton. I have no clue where any of that is but it should be fun. This week went by quickly. We tried to put someone on date on Sunday but they weren't ready. He is still promising and progressing though, and hopefully tomorrow we will put 2 or 3 more on date---that is what we have planned, anyhow. So the work is great here.

There were 60 mph winds here the other day and it was raining...I think I brought some of Vancouver over here with me...hope it goes away!

Well, I was thinking this week about fasting and such seeing as it was Fast Sunday. Up until last Sunday I have never really taken Fast Sunday seriously, but when the occasion arose to use the Fast to get through the highs and lows of missionary work I used it...and it worked! I never really did that before. So crazy that after 12 years of fasting the true power (or a portion at least) hits me in the 12th year! I can't help but think what other aspects of the Gospel am I underestimating...the role of the Spirit in conversion, the power of prayer, the importance of obedience, and surely the Atonement and its healing power. I can't help but think that...it really is a life long endeavor.

Well, I gotta go now 'cause every one is leaving. I love you all and I'll talk to you all next week.

Love,
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment