Hey Y'all,
Yesterday was one of the best baptisms that I had ever been to. I'll try to give the full story. So one of the kids from a split family was being baptized and they are trying to get back together and so the day of his baptism one of his sisters got in an argument with another and the whole day was spiraling down the drain and so at the baptism we had a space of time for the bearing of testimonies and the whole family got up and bore testimony of the church and its divinity and how much they love their family. In the end the whole family was crying, which I don't mean to use as a sign that the Spirit was there, but rather that through this baptism it has brought the family closer together and closer to reactivity in the church. I couldn't help but think how amazing it is that I can feel this instant care and happiness for a family I barely know. How can anyone feel such things in those circumstances and not know that there is none other way to feel that, but by the Spirit. It is the third party that carries the feeling to all our hearts. That is an essential realization to have in this work, I think.
Well, this should be a fun week. Today we are having a BBQ at the church which should be fun and then we are playing b-ball. This morning I played basket ball with Bro. H., the guy we live with and he beat the tar out of me and Elder P. I am sure we will never hear the end of it! The other day we were teaching a lady who kept asking these golden awesome ?'s like "shouldn't we have authority from Jesus Christ" and "shouldn't there be prophets today then" and things like that---it rocked!
Well, I'm hungry so I'm gonna go now.
Love Yas,
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom
The new pad
11 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment