About Me

My photo
I am currently serving a 2-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Washington Kennewick Mission. My current address is: 8656 West Gage Blvd., #205, Kennewick, Washington 99336

Homecoming: 11am, Glines 4th Ward, Hwy 40 Chapel, Vernal, UT on 27 March 2011

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August 25, 2009

Hey,

Oh my heck it has finally happened... my six pack abs are down to four! I weigh 165 now (20 lb.gain)... my comp just found out that he is 198 and we are desperately trying not to gain any more, but the food is sooo good. There are blackberries everywhere---it is ridiculous---they are like a weed here!

Well, it's back to the rainy season here in Vancouver. Its kinda cool and there's just a constant mist in the air. I don't mind the rain as long as everything stays green. Other than that, every thing is the same. We still ride bikes and knock on doors.

Oh my gosh' I just remembered the story I was gunna tell you guys this week....So we went up to this ice cream shop called Sheridan's and we were ordering ice cream. I noticed this lady and her fairly attractive daughter eyeing us somewhat. They finished before us and the daughter went to the car. The mother got up and walked over to us and said, "Ok guys, I have to tell you my daughter's theory about Mormon missionaries." Naturally, I was like "alright let's hear it." So she said, "Well... she is firmly convinced that they only send the cutest missionaries out and so when you guys walked up I asked her if she thought her theory was still true and she said, "Oh, definitely." Had I not been quite so awe struck I may have tried to relay some aspect of the gospel to her, but as it is I just sat there and said, "Wow, thank you." In retrospect I maybe could have had a better choice of words but, whatever. So she said, "Just thought you guys might want to know," and she walked away. How ironic that only the day before me and my comp were throwing a pity party cause we thought we were fat, lol!
Well, I've talked enough c ya,
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment