
Elder Schroeder's Homecoming: 11am, Glines 4th Ward, Hwy 40 Chapel, Vernal, UT on 27 March 2011
Hello,
I don't know what to write. I've thought about it a lot this week. What profound thing can I share with you...well I decided that I really can't sum up 2 years into a few paragraphs. Words are a horrible way of sharing feeling...they always fall short. In every first lesson with people, they don't ask us to come back because they learned something new; rather 'cause they felt something new. They can never know what I know, but they can feel what I feel about what I know...that's why you cannot teach without the Spirit. I just don't know how to do it any other way so I'll share a few of my recent experiences that help me feel.When I got transferred to Pasco in February this year I would rather have stayed in The Dalles...well I'll show you why it wasn't up to me. When I got there I looked up a recent convert who hadn't been to Church since I left...well, nothing I did changed that, but she did let me in her house and I was able to show her that the missionaries in her area were good guys and she then allowed them in to teach...she has been to Church every Sunday since.... Well, I was just getting settled in Pasco when I got transferred to Kennewick. In Kennewick 3 days after I got there we were having dinner at a member's house and an amazing thing happened.... I saw an investigator we had been teaching with his girlfriend in Pasco not more than a week ago; then they broke up and we couldnt find him. Well, we found him and now he is being taught by the missionaries and will be getting baptized in April sometime, depending on his work schedule. So much more than just that has happened...the other night we put a family of four on date for April 23...they have been investigating the Church for over a year now...I love them and am so happy for them.
Well, I'm out of time, but hopefully you can now feel how I feel. Just imagine that if all that is what the Lord can do with me...what more can he do with 54,000 of us...no wonder this Church grows the way it does...nothing can or will stop us!
Love,
Elder SchroederReported by Mom





No comments:
Post a Comment