Well, there is lots to say...my new area is really cool and I have a rockin' companion. We are getting lots of stuff done; there is almost no time to tract or look for more investigators 'cause we have a ton. One is on date to be baptized on the 13th of Nov. and the other is on date for the first of the year. I know it sounds a ways away, but it's really not that far; and we have plans of putting at least 3 more on date that are just moving along swimmingly. It's great, but that's not all that it's about...we sat down with the bishop and went over the ward list and discovered at least 3/4 of the ward is less active. That's probably due in large part to the vast size of the ward---some members have to drive and hour or more to get to church. Could you imagine having to drive to Duchesne to go to church...it would be easy not to go.
And the cherry on top is that I have a car...God's good graces have finally shined down on me and given me a climate controlled atmosphere for the cold winter ahead---yeah baby!!! My days of leaving rubber on the sidewalks are past! But that is beside the point---it's just a perk.
Well, that's about it. I have an awesome comp, too. We got doubled into the area and that's tough, but it's fun with a good comp! We have lots to do yet, but that's ok---there's time. On Monday and Tuesday I was at a leadership conference and we learned a good deal about how to teach people other than lessons. I felt good 'cause a good portion of the things I learned I was already doing and so it was like yeah, man, I am actually on the right track, but I learned other stuff to apply, as well.
Well, love y'all,
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom
The new pad
11 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment