About Me

My photo
I am currently serving a 2-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Washington Kennewick Mission. My current address is: 8656 West Gage Blvd., #205, Kennewick, Washington 99336

Homecoming: 11am, Glines 4th Ward, Hwy 40 Chapel, Vernal, UT on 27 March 2011

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February 2, 2010

Hey Guys,
This week has been great. My new companion and I are doing great. It is soooo nice to be able to have a steady English conversation that you know is being understood on the other end. I do miss my Samoan companion,though; he's one of those people that it's hard to be sad or mad or really anything but happy around.
This week we did a lot of tracting and we have found lots of people willing to see us again. Our upcoming weeks have many appointments. One of the people we found was a lady who had lived next to the bishop and first counselor who had lived there for 10 years. As we talked with her she told us she was actually a member of the church... when we told the bishop that in PEC meeting he and the first counselor were pretty dumbfounded. I could have said something like "Well, you sure dropped the ball there!" but I couldn't help smiling and laughing with them. This lady said that she simply hadn't come to church cause no one had ever asked... we will see if that holds true the more we work with her. So, we are excited to have all the work we have! Hopefully, the potentials will turn into investigators and from that to converts.
Well, that is really all for now. Thank you guys for all your support.
BTW, my new companion is one of those guys that is very agreeable and easy to work with so I sat down with him the first day and went over how I would like the transfer to go and he agreed. I think I will do that with all my future comps 'cause when your expectations are out in the open then you are able to #1, help each other reach them and #2, there will be no awkward "hide the ball" scenarios where you are unsure if what you are doing is ok or not 'cause you both know what the other wants, and #3, you are both working to the same end and you both make the right choices instead of just one of you. It will be a good transfer!
Also, BTW, the church found google!!!!!
The New MyLDSMail Is Coming: The Church has worked with Google Corporation to upgrade MyLDSMail. Your mission is ready to start the upgrade process. Next week we will send you another e-mail with final instructions to upgrade your MyLDSMail e-mail account.
Thank you for your service,
The MyLDSMail Team
My email address will remain the same. Well, that is really all for now. Thank you guys for all your support.
Love,
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment