Howdy,
So this week (Friday) we will get our transfer info. That's always fun. As was with last time, my guess is I will stay here, but who knows really... it's crazy.
So a crazy thing happened last night. Since today is p-day we spent the night at a nearby Elder's place because it's easier to get up there and they don't have to pick us up in the morning. Anyway one of the Elders was feeling a bit sick when he went to bed, so we all went to sleep a little early. Now if you know my sleeping habits then you know that nothing short of an act of Congress can wake me from my reverie. Anyway, I was sound asleep and some how I heard one of the Elder's ask, "Can you give me a blessing?" and that fast I was awake. It was about six in the morning and they had to teach seminary at 7:10 so we gave him a blessing and I went in his place with his comp to teach the seminary class about the gathering of Israel. He fell back asleep and slept good till about 10:30 or so. That's why my e-mail is a little late today.
Oh... and some more good news! One of our investigators is going to be baptized Nov. 13th. He's 18 and a friend of a girl (not boyfriend, which is good) in the ward and has been regularly attending church for a while now. In addition, the investigator who was in my last ward who made the huge leap from Paganism to Christianity has decided to be baptized. He called me and asked me if I would baptize him. I assured him I would if I was still in the area. However, I did ask him to think of some worthy priesthood holders he knew in the singles ward he attends that could perform it. Right now our mission is focusing a lot on something just as important as baptism which is retention. What better way to forge a friendship with someone in the ward than to have them perform the ordinance of baptism. I'm way excited for him because he has made so many huge strides and has overcome a lot.
Anyway, great week ahead so I gotta get to it---see y'all later,
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom
The new pad
11 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment