About Me

My photo
I am currently serving a 2-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Washington Kennewick Mission. My current address is: 8656 West Gage Blvd., #205, Kennewick, Washington 99336

Homecoming: 11am, Glines 4th Ward, Hwy 40 Chapel, Vernal, UT on 27 March 2011

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November 3, 2009

Hey Family & Friends,
So, I'm not being transferred and neither is my companion. So, yeah, I am excited about that. This week was pretty cool. The investigator from my last area that I told you about last time called me yesterday. He was ecstatic as he told me that he got up in sacrament meeting and bore his testimony of missionary work. Keep in mind that he is not even baptized yet and he bore testimony of how the missionaries promised him if he would watch Conference all of his worries would be soothed. So, now all he has to do is go to church once more and he can be baptized---it's awesome.

Also, we committed another one of the people we are teaching to be baptised on Nov 28th. It was soo cool---the lesson went great and as we felt the Spirit, we asked him to commit to Baptism. At first he declined, but I showed him my planner and all of the weekly, daily, and monthly goals we make. I told him we would be useless missionaries if we never set goals. Then everything clicked and he agreed---it was awesome.

So, we have three scheduled baptisms this month, one on the 13th, one on the 28th, and the other for the investigator from my last area. We also have other investigators who are very promising and progressing.

This area is going crazy with work. We have some really stellar members that love missionaries and missionary work.
Love y'all,
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom
PS: Elder Holland is coming here on Nov. 14th!

No comments:

Post a Comment