Well things have been good. The other day it snowed like 4 inches. That was a nice little reminder that it is winter. This week we covered some good ground with investigators and recent converts. It's odd, I have a hard time telling when someone confides in me whether it's the name tag they confide in or me as a person. I hope it's me as a person 'cause that will help when I get home, but either way it really seems to help 'cause when you can understand someone and where they come from it takes teaching to a whole new level.
One thing I realized last night in talking with Sister W. is that the Spirit is awesome for a few reasons---one is that it is the only way to help someone to feel the way you feel about what you know. That's important, but they have to be receptive. The most frustrating thing is when you bring the Spirit and they just shrug it off...ugh...that really is just bad. Before my mission I think I may have done that in instances. I didn't know what to do with what I felt, but now it's easier to use, and that mixed with our words, can sometimes, when heeded, work miracles.
So, yeah, that's my week in a nutshell. Hope you all are doing well!
Love Yas,
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom
PS: I want to go to Conference so if you could round up some front row tickets, that would rock!
The new pad
11 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment