About Me

My photo
I am currently serving a 2-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Washington Kennewick Mission. My current address is: 8656 West Gage Blvd., #205, Kennewick, Washington 99336

Homecoming: 11am, Glines 4th Ward, Hwy 40 Chapel, Vernal, UT on 27 March 2011

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November 9, 2010

Hi Everyone,
I am writing this from the Hood River church building. It's a great place all green and foggy in the morning. I had to come up here to do a baptismal interview which went swimmingly, so I have to be short 'cause we gotta meet everyone for lunch in The Dalles.

Well, this week should be busy for us. On Saturday we have a baptism and we also receive transfer calls that day, but all we will know is whether we are going or staying, not where to though---it's the new way, I guess. Whatever, I don't really mind 'cause after this one I only have two transfers left!

This week we were able to finally break through to one of our investigators. I won't go into the multiple problems with the investigator's situation...I have the feeling that we are the answers to her prayers...but I can't tell her that 'cause when you point out answers like that to your investigators it loses significance in their eyes and they may just gloss over it. But we did hint that the gospel will be the answer. So many people are worried about outside influences and do what is best for others which is great if you have control of your own sure foundation, but they end up leaving themselves behind and are entangled with others. You can't very well help someone out of quicksand if your in there with them. It's a hard thing to convey to them, but I feel like we are moving forward with her---actually, I know we are 'cause we can work with anything as long as it's the truth.

We have a lot of investigators sitting on the edge a lot 'cause we need parents' permission and others 'cause of their own indecision, but we have high hopes for them all.

Life is hard---that is what I have learned, but I think I've lived long enough now to be able to say that the tough times pass away and so does the sorrow and eventually it gives way to joy and fun and happiness and all that good stuff. When I hit the tuff times in my Mission, I always think back on my last tuff time and the current one---then I think of all the stuff I would have missed out on in between the tuff times if I had given up the first time. In that sense I am stronger and better and smarter after each one, and in that sense I can remain hopeful about future events---even the tuff times.

Love you all,
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment