About Me

My photo
I am currently serving a 2-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Washington Kennewick Mission. My current address is: 8656 West Gage Blvd., #205, Kennewick, Washington 99336

Homecoming: 11am, Glines 4th Ward, Hwy 40 Chapel, Vernal, UT on 27 March 2011

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 16, 2010

Hey,
Well, good things happened this week. On Saturday a lot happened---we had a baptism, first of all, which rocked and second we found out that neither me nor my comp are leaving, which means he will be ending his mission here and that's great. It also means I'm almost guaranteed two more transfers here and since I only have 3 left. That means I'll most likely finish here, which is fine for the moment.

We had a lesson with one of our investigators on Sunday whom I am puzzled about. She is a nice young mother of two, but is in a bad situation right now. Without going into a lot of detail, suffice it to say she is kinda in a limbo land in her life right now and is somewhat depressed.

We shared a lot with her and basically it all came back to prayer. We told her if she prays and lives her life in a righteous way then God's hand is and will be in anyone's life if they are trying to come nearer to Him. One of the facts of life is that our choices affect others and others' choices affect us and as a result of that, bad things sometimes happen to good people or people who are pursuing righteous things. But in our trials we will be strengthened and will be able to overcome many things, just like Christ was strengthened in Gethsemane. I think it's in Luke 22; 42-43. Now if you think about it, if Satan cannot get through our spiritual armor he will get to those around us and closest to us to sway our views and life. We explained all this to her and much more and she felt as if no one loved her and she was just a nuisance.... Well, we told her we cared. I told her what I had left and how I hadn't left it all to come out here and not care for those I teach. We ended and gave her a blessing and she turned and asked if we were coming next week...That was cool---it was like payday!

That's a long paragraph so I'll end it now.

Love Ya Guys,
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment