About Me

My photo
I am currently serving a 2-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Washington Kennewick Mission. My current address is: 8656 West Gage Blvd., #205, Kennewick, Washington 99336

Homecoming: 11am, Glines 4th Ward, Hwy 40 Chapel, Vernal, UT on 27 March 2011

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November 30, 2010

Howdy,
Well, it was a good week. We just got back from a Yakima zone conference yesterday...it was pretty good. We did a good 6 hours of driving to get there and back and that was fun...it's been a while since I've been highway driving like that. I got to see my friend Elder T. before he goes home on the 15th or so. It was good. He lives in Mesquite, Nevada so I'm sure we will keep in touch as he is also going to SUU for college in August.

I hope you are all doing great. I'm so excited to talk on Christmas. This is an awesome time of year for us missionaries 'cause every one is happier and nicer. Well, Mom asked me how I was getting around to all the addresses here and so I will answer. We got a GPS and we were using it for a while, but now we know our way around and only use it sometimes. It's a lovely little thing that might be an awesome gift for both on the mission and when I get home. The one I'm using now is my old companion Elder Gudjenov's...he will need it back at some point, I'm sure.

Well, that's most all that is new at this point. Christmas is a busy time for us just as it is for others. We have meetings and zone conferences and specialized trainings and no one ever comes to The Dalles...we always gotta go somewhere else, but I'm ok with it. I like driving. I was driving home last night and had four missionaries in the car and it was dark and they were sleeping and I just got some good thinking time in and I just felt good about future life and it was just me an my thoughts. I miss moments like those 'cause it was almost like I was alone. I used to love to just drive alone and think on things. I honestly have not been alone or solitary for 20 or so months now...it's really weird, but only when you think back on it.

Well, love you guys...have a good week!
Love,
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment