
Happy Holidays,
Well, it is just myself and Elder P. now as Elder W. has been transferred to the Tri-cities so that they don't have to drive all of the way out here to get him when it comes time for him to fly home. So things are good out here---we have a baptism on the 18th and another on the 1st of January, both of which are quite promising.
The 21st is our zone conference and so that means I will either be writing to you on the 20th or the 22nd next week. I'm not sure yet---I still have to coordinate that with other missionaries schedules. I'm thinking that it will be on Monday though, since I have no appointments on that day, but I'll have to see what the other missionaries have going on.
So I've been thinking not a lot, but a little bit, about what home will be like when I get back and I'm really not that worried about it all. I've seen lots of missionaries that are about to go home and they get really depressed or really excited. I don't feel like I'm in either of those categories. I'm sure that I'm not depressed; don't get me wrong, I love my mission, but I feel like if I do what I've been doing for the past 21 months the way I've been doing it, then I'll accomplish all that the Lord had in store for me leaving me with no feeling but joy. So I guess I'm not excited either---I'm just happy; happy for myself and for those that I care about and have come to love. I think that's how I should feel and it's a bit of a hard feeling to describe---but who knows that feeling may change as time goes on, but I doubt it...I just don't really ever get that excited, but I do get happy!
Love Ya,
Elder Schroeder
Reported by Mom





No comments:
Post a Comment