About Me

My photo
I am currently serving a 2-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Washington Kennewick Mission. My current address is: 8656 West Gage Blvd., #205, Kennewick, Washington 99336

Homecoming: 11am, Glines 4th Ward, Hwy 40 Chapel, Vernal, UT on 27 March 2011

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June 2, 2009

Hey guys,
Well, I just got back from a super awesome session at the Temple in Portland. It was...super awesome! The c-room was sooo cool. It was just so clean and I'm always amazed by how they focus so much on even the little things, such as how they paint their trimmings and I even looked as hard as I could for a seam in the base board and couldn't find one!

We have one investigator scheduled for baptism at the end of June. We hope her brother will be ready soon, as well. We also have 2 new investigators that are older and really nice and may be ready soon, too. So that's cool. Other than that there is nothing new in the way of teaching.

The weather here is getting really really hot. It's not at all dry like Vernal, either. It seems as though I'm always sticky and our apartment has no a/c which is very uncomfortable at times.

Here's something interesting I learned about the SLC temple; Brigham Young built into it a rectangular shaft from bottom floor to top... no one knew why... well, eventually when they wanted to put an elevator in the temple they measured the shaft and what do you know it was a perfect fit---pretty cool, huh!

Well, thats it for this week.
Elder Daniel Schroeder
Reported by Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment